Shout! Factory / Scream Factory

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
Costa

Re: Shout! Factory / Scream Factory

#876 Post by Costa » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:11 pm

From Scream's facebook:
***SURPRISE TITLE ANNOUNCEMENTS***

Return to the 80s once again with two comedy-horror hits we know you'll howl for. 1985's original TEEN WOLF (starring Michael J Fox) and its follow-up, 1987's TEEN WOLF TOO (starring Jason Bateman) will both be coming out later this Summer as Collector Editions!

No other details to report at this time but extras, newly-illustrated artwork and specs are currently in the works and will be revealed at a later date.
I'm glad I've waited on Teen Wolf, one of my childhood's favourites! \:D/
Hope it's a new 2K scan!

captveg

#877 Post by captveg » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:54 pm

Heaven help those who feel the need to collect Teen Wolf Too.

Minkin

Re: Intern! Factory

#878 Post by Minkin » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:54 am

The Narrator Returns

#879 Post by The Narrator Returns » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:16 am

Specs for the release of the Psycho remake.
NEW Audio Commentary With Rob Galluzzo (Writer/Director Of THE PSYCHO LEGACY) And PSYCHO (1998) Editor Amy Huddleston
Audio Commentary With Director Gus Van Sant, Anne Heche And Vince Vaughn
Psycho Path: The Making Of Psycho
Theatrical Trailers
Still Gallery
I suppose my hope for a Christopher Doyle interview was the biggest of pies in the sky, but I'm still a little disappointed.

dwk

#880 Post by dwk » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:04 pm

Fans of vintage Spanish films take note: We have a new Blu-ray double-feature coming this Summer featuring two 1974 films from the Director of The Blind Dead Series!

THE NIGHT OF THE SORCERERS: A group of explorers arrive in Africa to study the wildlife in the same area where a brutal native ritual occurred in 1910. All is tranquil until night falls and distant drumming draws one of the female members of the group to investigate the jungle. From there, a nightmare will be awakened … a nightmare of zombie natives and scantily-clad vampire women who prowl the moonlight jungle in search of fresh blood and more victims to sacrifice.

THE LORELEY'S GRASP: In a town by the Rhine river, young women are turning up dead … savagely torn to pieces and their hearts missing. Concerned that whatever beast is doing these horrible murders will end up attacking the female students, a nearby school for women hires a hunter to find and kill the creature. The hunter will soon find out that this is no ordinary beast that craves human hearts, but rather a deceptive, alluring and mysterious being – The Loreley – who is already looking for another heart to use in a gruesome ancient ritual.

Official street date is July 18th but you can get it shipped two weeks early if you order directly from us @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/film- ... le-feature" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

flyonthewall2983

#881 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:05 am

A Shock To The System coming July 4th. Kind of interested in how this will turn out. I watched it on Hulu last year, and for some reason all the cursing was edited out.

Aunt Peg

#882 Post by Aunt Peg » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:41 am

Gordon Willis' only directorial film Windows is released on 4th July.

AfterTheRain

#883 Post by AfterTheRain » Mon May 01, 2017 2:03 pm

New releases for August:

Hercules (1983) - 8/22
The Adventures of Hercules II - 8/22
Vicious Lips - 8/29

dwk

#884 Post by dwk » Wed May 03, 2017 5:26 pm

Shout is release a Fargo steelbook in August. Same special features as the remastered disc with the only "new" special feature, "Interview With The Coen Brothers And Frances McDormand", being an old extra from the DVD that MGM didn't carry over to their Blu-ray(s).
We are very excited to announce the release of Fargo as a limited-edition Steelbook® , out this August!

Limited to 10,000 units, this Steelbook® of the Academy Award winning Coen Brothers classic features brand new artwork from The CRP Group on the front and back! What’s more, if you pre-order directly from ShoutFactory.com you will get an exclusive rolled poster of the new artwork! See below for full list of bonus features and pre-order now at: http://bit.ly/FargoSteel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

• Audio Commentary With Director Of Photography Roger A. Deakins
• “Minnesota Nice” Featurette
• Interview With The Coen Brothers And Frances McDormand
• American Cinematography Article
• Original Advertising Gallery
• Still Photo Gallery[/qoute]

They are also doing limited edition steelbooks for three of their John Carpenter releases
**LIMITED-EDITION 5TH ANNIVERSARY STEELBOOKS**

It's hard to believe at times, but our brand is now five years old...and what a ride it has been! Our gratitude and thanks go out to everyone of you who has supported our releases and continue to do so.

Naturally, we wanted to celebrate this milestone with something cool that would be true to our retro roots and would make a big splash. As you already know, we've been very successful with our John Carpenter films so we looked to some of our older releases of his for inspiration. We then remembered the question we posed sometime years ago to you about your thoughts on Steelbook® packaging, and the response was extremely strong. So, we married the two ideas to come up with the following special offer:

- Carpenter’s classic ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK, THE FOG and THEY LIVE are being reissued in a limited-edition Steelbook® packaging. Only 10,000 of each are being produced and once they're gone, they're gone! Official Release Date for all three is 8/1/17, but will ship two weeks early if you order directly from us.

- The cohesive and conceptual artwork you see pictured on all three come to us conceived by artist Nathaniel Marsh (Carrie, The Thing deluxe piece). If you order directly from our site, your packaging will also include a 28.5” x 16.5”rolled lithograph of the illustration, while supplies last. The litho will not be available through any other retailer.

- Steelbooks will be shrinkwrapped. The Blu-rays included inside will have the same content (but with different disc label art) that is currently available in their respective Collector Edition releases.

- To our overseas fans, we regret to inform that we only have US & Canadian territory rights for these films so will be unable to ship internationally from our site unfortunately.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#885 Post by domino harvey » Wed May 03, 2017 5:32 pm

When I think Fargo, I think black landscape. Certainly not white. Who would ever?

calculus entrophy

#886 Post by calculus entrophy » Wed May 03, 2017 5:51 pm

They should have done a "Burnt Umber" Edition, with Trucoat.

willoneill

#887 Post by willoneill » Wed May 03, 2017 6:40 pm

calculus entrophy wrote:They should have done a "Burnt Umber" Edition, with Trucoat.
I sat right here and said I didn't want any TruCoat!

The Narrator Returns

#888 Post by The Narrator Returns » Wed May 03, 2017 6:43 pm

You're a liar, Shout! Factory. A... fffuckin' liar.

captveg

#889 Post by captveg » Thu May 04, 2017 3:01 pm

8/22/17

Whale Rider (2002) - 15th Anniversary Edition - Shout Select #27

dwk

#890 Post by dwk » Fri May 26, 2017 9:43 am

Scream Factory announced that they are going to release:
After Midnight (1989)
The Spell (1977)
The Resurrected (1991)
A Quiet Place in the Country (1968)

beamish13

#891 Post by beamish13 » Fri May 26, 2017 11:02 am

I'm not complaining, but A Quiet Place in the Country is kind of an odd one for this label, no? Glad to finally get Dan O'Bannon's
The Resurrected on Blu.

AfterTheRain

#892 Post by AfterTheRain » Fri May 26, 2017 12:27 pm

beamish13 wrote:I'm not complaining, but A Quiet Place in the Country is kind of an odd one for this label, no? Glad to finally get Dan O'Bannon's
The Resurrected on Blu.
Yeah, I was thinking that Arrow would've gotten A Quiet Place in the Country - seems right up their alley.

L.A.

#894 Post by L.A. » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:53 pm

kidc85

#895 Post by kidc85 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:43 am

flyonthewall2983 wrote:Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band in September
Possibly my favourite awful movie of all time. Nearly every single thing is so spectacularly wrong it's just mesmerising. Who thought this was a good idea? Who thought this was a good idea? Who thought any of this was a good idea?

Noiradelic

#896 Post by Noiradelic » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:41 pm

People geeked on massive amounts of blow.

flyonthewall2983

#897 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:31 am

Aerosmith's cover of "Come Together" isn't that bad, taken on it's own apart from the movie. Pretty sure this was a Robert Stigwood production, and since he also produced the film version of Tommy he figured this was a logical next step. Apply cocaine and voila.

hearthesilence

#898 Post by hearthesilence » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:09 am

I'm not a huge Aerosmith fan, but that cover was one of their better records - possibly the only thing I would like to revisit from that movie.

beamish13

#899 Post by beamish13 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:45 am

I'd love to hear a Michael Schulz commentary on this. He'd turned down Grease, likely because it was essentially a white version of his own Cooley High. When Robert Stigwood came back to him, he jumped at it. The hubris that the Bee Gees and Peter Frampton exhibited while promoting it is so laughable in retrospect, and I wonder what kind of self-reflexivity most of the involved parties would apply towards it today.

colinr0380

#900 Post by colinr0380 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:19 pm

Here's the Cinema Snob episode on Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Steve Martin, George Burns and Frankie Howerd(!?!) together in a film together at last, trying to out schtick each other! That'll appeal to the youths of today!)