Carlotta Films

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
HerrSchreck

#26 Post by HerrSchreck » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:21 pm

Kinsayder wrote:A full review of the Carlotta L'Argent with about 100 screencaps (scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the thumbnails).
Utterly gorgeous screencaps. I'd love to see CC or MoC preconvert a port on this for english speakers. The extras look magnificent.

I'm confident they or Flicker Alley (or at the very least Kino or Milestone) will get this out. It's just too fantastic.

rollotomassi

#27 Post by rollotomassi » Thu May 01, 2008 12:36 pm

Yes, they are gorgeous screencaps. I have done some myself having just got the DVD through. Same style packing as the earlier Verdun. There may be no English subs, but I'm working on that when a friend gets a spare moment.

If anyone's interested, give me an email address to send them to and I shall send a Word file with the English translations on it, including time of caption. A bit like going to the opera.

maltydog

Carlotta Films - L'Argent

#28 Post by maltydog » Sun May 04, 2008 4:16 pm

rollotomassi wrote:Yes, they are gorgeous screencaps. I have done some myself having just got the DVD through. Same style packing as the earlier Verdun. There may be no English subs, but I'm working on that when a friend gets a spare moment.

If anyone's interested, give me an email address to send them to and I shall send a Word file with the English translations on it, including time of caption. A bit like going to the opera.
Last edited by maltydog on Tue May 06, 2008 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HerrSchreck

#29 Post by HerrSchreck » Tue May 06, 2008 12:17 am

L'Inhumaine just didnt work in narrative terms for me, fascinating though it is visually.

HerrSchreck

#30 Post by HerrSchreck » Tue May 06, 2008 1:27 am

Well.. this is a better place to say it away from the Roue controversy (the recent moronic assault upon me by a certain, uh, label-ambassador, which riccocheted back upon them to my total vindication by the always excellent La Cle du..)--

La Roue restored felt totally overwrought, filled with wretchedly turgid acting. By the time of the end of disc two I felt I'd been importuned all the way home for spare change by a homeless teller of tales. WOnderful innovations in spots, but way too long, too little story, and atomically melodramatic, and not on a par with the swedes, murnau, dreyer, griffith, and certainly not Epstein.

I just couldnt stir up more muck on that thread so close in to last week.

tojoed

Re: Carlotta Films

#31 Post by tojoed » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:06 am

Carlotta are releasing Mean Streets and Taking Off on Blu-Ray in April.

Image Image

Peacock

#32 Post by Peacock » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:53 pm

Carlotta are releasing the first World Cinema Foundation boxset (Volume 1) in April 2012.
The four titles are
Revenge/Mest
The Wave/Redes
Touki Bouki
Trances/El Hal

Wonder if these were/are the same titles in that delayed-for-reasons-beyond-their-control set Criterion were going to be releasing around summertime last year? I was expecting the Housemaid or the Yang to be included in the first set to help sell it though, so maybe not...?

yoshimori

#33 Post by yoshimori » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:19 pm

Also from Carlotta, on 2.22.12, Schatzberg's Puzzle of a Downfall Child.