Severin Films

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
M Sanderson

Re: Severin Films

#426 Post by M Sanderson » Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:12 am

Awesome to hear about the Soavis. Do we think Arrivederci, Amore Ciao! might even appear one day?

His stunning thriller, based on a great novel (basically Italy's answer to Jim Thompson's The Killer Inside Me).

Severin have some amazing choices of titles. You ever wonder if the TV thriller Uno Bianco might rear its head...

dwk

#427 Post by dwk » Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:25 am

Severin has been doing some Italian television, so I guess the Soavi tv movies could be possible. (Honestly, I keep expecting Severin to release Argento's Door into Darkness series.)

You are right about Arrivederci, Amore Ciao, it is fantastic and I'd love to replace the Thai DVD with a Blu-ray (this would be a great title for Radiance to tackle.)

Mr Sausage

#428 Post by Mr Sausage » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:13 pm

What’s Soavi’s style like in his post-break work? Is it still wild and singular, or did it calm down?

I do hope The Sect is next up. My go-to definition of a fascinating mess. There are enough interesting ideas and arresting images for three films, but no one seems to know what to do with them all. So they abut each other with no clear organization until the film winds down into a kind of ending. The Church and Cemetery Man were somewhat like that, too, but the former had a baked in coherence from its limited setting and origin in the Demons series, and the latter worked as vignettes surrounding a central character’s weird life. The Sect lacks any organization such that it comes to resemble a lumbering incoherent nightmare. Its worst moments are actually its final third, when it tries to find some kind of ending and opts for a few genre conventions. It’s better when it’s a mad assemblage of Soavi’s imaginings.

dwk

#429 Post by dwk » Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:56 pm

October releases:
Count Dracula UHD
Disc 1: 4K UHD (Feature + Special Features)
Audio Commentary With Horror Historian David Del Valle And Actress Maria RohmTrailer

Disc 2: Blu-ray (Feature + Special Features)
Audio Commentary With Horror Historian David Del Valle And Actress Maria Rohm
Illustrated 1973 Christopher Lee Audio Interview With Filmmaker Donald Glut
Beloved Count – Interview With Director Jess Franco
Handsome Harker – Interview With Actor Fred Williams
An Interview With Actor Jack Taylor
Stake Holders – An Appreciation By Filmmaker Christophe Gans
Trailer

Disc 3: Blu-ray (Special Features)
DRÁCULA BARCELONA – 2017 Documentary (90 mins)
Jess Franco's BRAM STOKER’S COUNT DRACULA – Stephen Thrower On COUNT DRACULA
In The Land Of Franco Bonus Sequence With Alain Petit And Stephen Thrower
Alternate Title Sequences

Disc 4: Soundtrack CD

Disc Specs:
Aspect ratio: 1.37:1
Audio: English Mono, Spanish Mono (TBC)
4K Video: HDR10Closed Captions
4K UHD: Region Free
Blu-ray: Region Free
Run time: 97 mins

Doctor Butcher MD/Zombie Holocaust UHD
Disc 1: 4K UHD (DOCTOR BUTCHER M.D. Feature + Special Features)
Theatrical Trailer
Video Release Trailer
TV Spot

Disc 2: 4K UHD (ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST Feature + Special Feature)
Trailer

Disc 3: Blu-ray (DOCTOR BUTCHER M.D. Feature + Special Features)
Butchery & Ballyhoo – Interview With Aquarius Releasing’s Terry Levene
The Four Boroughs Of Blood – Rue Morgue's Michael Gingold Tours New York Locations Of Italian Horror
Down On The Deuce – Nostalgic Tour Of 42nd Street With Temple Of Shock's Chris Poggiali and Filmmaker Roy Frumkes
Tales That Tore Our Heart Out – Filmmakers Frank Farel And Brendan Faulkner Discuss Unfinished Anthology Film
Roy Frumkes' Segment Of Unfinished Anthology Film TALES THAT WILL TEAR YOUR HEART OUT With Accompanying Director Commentary
The Butcher Mobile – Interview With Gore Gazette Editor And Butcher Mobile Barker Rick Sullivan
Cutting Doctor Butcher – Interview With Editor Jim Markovic
Illustrated Essay: “Experiments With A Male Caucasian Brain (…And Other Memories Of 42nd Street)” By Gary Hertz
Theatrical Trailer
Video Release Trailer
TV Spot

Disc 4: Blu-ray (ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST Feature + Special Features)
Voodoo Man – Interview With Star Ian McCulloch
Blood Of The Zombies – Interview With SFX Master Rosario Prestopino
Filmmaker Enzo G. Castellari Remembers His Father, Director Marino Girolami
Neurosurgery Italian Style – Interview With SFX Artist Maurizio Trani
Sherry Holocaust – Interview With Actress Sherry Buchanan
New York Filming Locations: 1980 & 2015
Audio Bonus: Ian McCulloch Sings “Down By The River”
Trailer

Disc Specs:
Aspect ratio: 1.85:1
Audio: DOCTOR BUTCHER M.D.: English Mono | ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST: English Mono, Italian Mono
4K Video: Dolby Vision
Closed Captions: DOCTOR BUTCHER M.D.: Closed Captions | ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST: Closed Captions, English Subtitles
4K UHD: Region Free
Run time: DOCTOR BUTCHER M.D.: 82 mins | ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST: 89 mins
Includes DOCTOR BUTCHER M.D. Barf Bag

Cuadecuc Vampir / Umbracle
Disc 1: Blu-ray (Feature + Special Features)
A Cinema Of Vampires: Pere Portabella, Jess Franco And The School Of Barcelona – Interview With Spanish Film Scholar Dr. Álex Mendíbil
Trailer
Booklet Featuring Text By Pere Portabella And Film Critics Jonathan Rosenbaum And Federico Karstulovich

Disc Specs:
Aspect ratio: 1.33:1
Audio: CUADECUC VAMPIR: English Mono | UMBRACLE: Spanish Mono
Closed Captions: CUADECUC VAMPIR: Closed Captions | UMBRACLE: English Subtitles
Run time: CUADECUC VAMPIR: 69 mins | UMBRACLE: 88 mins

Peacock

#430 Post by Peacock » Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:36 am

Zombie Holocaust is one of the worst of the cannibal films. Hilarious that it’s getting a UHD!

Count me in for Umbracle though! Has anyone here seen it?

Adam X

#431 Post by Adam X » Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:23 am

It depends on which version of ZH you’re talking about. Zombie Holocaust is actually a decent, trashy cannibal/zombie film. Not good, but not bad either.

It’s the Doctor Butcher M.D. version that’s truly terrible. But either one is still far from being “one of the worst”. You need to dig a bit deeper before you hit bottom.

Peacock

#432 Post by Peacock » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:13 am

I’ve only seen Zombie Holocaust, now i’m afraid of checking out Doctor Butcher MD!

To be fair I haven’t seen the Franco cannibal films or Cannibal Terror so I’m sure there are worse out there… but any zombie movie where the zombies behave like henchmen rather than the undead is going to be bad. Zombie Holocaust is comfortably at the bottom of my 11 title list. It’s still good fun though!

M Sanderson

#433 Post by M Sanderson » Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:15 am

Mr Sausage wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:13 pm
What’s Soavi’s style like in his post-break work? Is it still wild and singular, or did it calm down?

I do hope The Sect is next up. My go-to definition of a fascinating mess. There are enough interesting ideas and arresting images for three films, but no one seems to know what to do with them all. So they abut each other with no clear organization until the film winds down into a kind of ending. The Church and Cemetery Man were somewhat like that, too, but the former had a baked in coherence from its limited setting and origin in the Demons series, and the latter worked as vignettes surrounding a central character’s weird life. The Sect lacks any organization such that it comes to resemble a lumbering incoherent nightmare. Its worst moments are actually its final third, when it tries to find some kind of ending and opts for a few genre conventions. It’s better when it’s a mad assemblage of Soavi’s imaginings.
lumbering incoherent nightmare - lovely description of The Sect!

I do love The Church, in particular for its poetry of machinery, the weird alchemical mechanisms that gradually reveal demonic horrors and eventually - to quote a Richard Burton film - "bring the entire edifice down on their unworthy heads." I feel this helps the film overcome its problems. The movie did lurch a bit when it introduced the characters who are trapped in the church but seemed to end on a satisfying note of eerie poetry.

dwk

#434 Post by dwk » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:31 pm

Danza Macabra Vol. Two: The Italian Gothic Collection [8-Disc 4K UHD + Blu-ray Box Set]
3 CLASSIC FILMS.
1 LANDMARK MINI-SERIES.
Rediscovered. Restored. Reclaimed.

In this second collection of Italian Gothic shockers, you’re invited to grab your candelabra and enter cobweb-shrouded worlds of violence, madness and sexual deviance that remain unmatched in genre history: Gothic goddess Barbara Steele stars in Antonio Margheriti’s certified masterpiece CASTLE OF BLOOD and its Italian version DANZA MACABRA, both restored and scanned in 4K and presented in UHD for the first time ever. JEKYLL is 1969’s award-winning four-part RAI-TV sceneggiati from writer/director/star Giorgio Albertazzi that contemporizes the classic tale of man’s darkest impulses. Writer/director Corrado Farina reinvents the Dracula legend as a modern-day capitalist conspiracy with his startling and long out-of-print 1971 debut THEY HAVE CHANGED THEIR FACE. And a sizzling Rosalba Neri is seduced by Satan himself in 1972’s THE DEVIL’S LOVER, finally available restored and uncut. All four titles are now presented in their North American Premieres, newly mastered from the best available elements with over 13 collective hours of Special Features.

Discs 1-3: CASTLE OF BLOOD (1964)

It was begun by Sergio Corbucci (DJANGO), completed by Antonio Margheriti (THE LONG HAIR OF DEATH) and remains one of the true masterpieces of Gothic Horror. Now both versions – the Italian DANZA MACABRA and the U.S. release CASTLE OF BLOOD – can be experienced like never before: When a cynical journalist accepts a wager that he won’t survive the night in a haunted castle, it will unlock an odyssey of sexual torment, undead vengeance and a dark seductress (the legendary Barbara Steele) who surrenders the gravest of pleasures. Georges Rivière (THE VIRGIN OF NUREMBERG) co-stars in “a classic cornerstone of the EuroHorror Renaissance” (DVD Savant), scanned in 4k from the original negative and restored by Cinématographique Lyre in collaboration with Severin Films, with 3+ hours of new and archival Special Features that include a selected scene commentary by Steele.

Disc Specs:
Runtime: 91 mins (DANZA MACABRA), 83 mins (CASTLE OF BLOOD)
DANZA MACABRA Audio: Italian Mono, Partial English Mono / Optional English Subtitles, Closed Captions
CASTLE OF BLOOD Audio: English Mono / Closed Captions
Region A
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1

Disc 1: UHD (Film + Special Features)
Audio Commentary With Rod Barnett Of NaschyCast And The Bloody Pit, And Adrian Smith
Trailer
TV Spot

Disc 2: Blu-ray (Film + Special Features)
Audio Commentary With Rod Barnett Of NaschyCast And The Bloody Pit, And Adrian Smith
Selected Scene Commentary With Actress Barbara Steele And Barbara Steele Archivist Russ Lanier
Exploring The Castle Of Blood – Interview With Stephen Thrower, Author Of Books On Jess Franco And Lucio Fulci

Disc 3: Blu-ray (Special Features)
The Director Who Didn't Like Blood – Interview With Edoardo Margheriti, Son Of Director Antonio Margheriti
Enigmatic Elegance: Unveiling The Haunting Legacy Of Barbara Steele In The Italian Gothic – Video Essay By Rachael Nisbet, Film Critic And Co-Host Of Fragments Of Fear
Return To The Castle – Location Featurette
Antonio Margheriti Remembers CASTLE OF BLOOD And Barbara Steele
Trailer
TV Spot

Discs 4 & 5: JEKYLL (1969)

In 1969, Italian actor/writer/director Giorgio Albertazzi – best known to international audiences as the star of LAST YEAR AT MARIENBAD – took Robert Louis Stevenson’s gothic novella and transformed it into a four-part contemporary allegory of duality, depravity and man’s darkest impulses: When a series of brutal attacks are committed by a lunatic named Edward Hyde, the investigation leads to molecular biologist Henry Jekyll. But have the doctor’s unorthodox experiments unlocked even greater horrors? Massimo Girotti (BARON BLOOD, LAST TANGO IN PARIS), Ursula Davis (AN ANGEL FOR SATAN) and Marina Berti (NIGHT TRAIN MURDERS) co-star in this award-winning sceneggiati featuring stark black & white cinematography by future Poliziottesci maestro Stelvio Massi, now presented from RAI-TV tape masters with new English subtitles for the first time ever.

Disc Specs:
Runtime: 262 mins
Audio: Italian Mono / Optional English Subtitles
Region A/B/C
Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1

Special Features:
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Albertazzi – Interview With Actor Giuliano Disperati
Building The World Of JEKYLL – Interview With Set Designer Emanuele Taglietti
The Double Spiral Staircase Of Jekyll And Hyde – Video Essay By Joseph Dwyer

Disc 6: THEY HAVE CHANGED THEIR FACE (1971)

Though he made only two feature films, writer/director/novelist Corrado Farina (BABA YAGA) rocked the Italian horror genre with his “astounding” (Taliesin Meets The Vampires) and long out-of-print 1971 debut: A mid-level automotive company employee is summoned to the mountain villa of owner Giovanni Nosferatu (Adolfo Celi of THUNDERBALL and DANGER: DIABOLIK fame) only to discover a glossy netherworld where capitalism is the new vampirism, consumers are its unwitting victims and escape may be impossible. Giuliano Disperati (VIOLENT ROME) and Geraldine Hooper (DEEP RED) co-star in this startling reinvention of the Dracula mythos co-written by Giulio Berruti (KILLER NUN) and influenced by Farina’s earlier career as an advertising executive, now scanned in 2K from the best-existing 35mm elements – approved by his son, RAI film critic and preservationist Alberto Farina – for the first time ever in America.

Disc Specs:
Runtime: 96 mins
Region A

Special Features:
Audio Commentary With Director Corrado Farina Moderated By Alberto Farina
Audio Commentary With Kat Ellinger, Author of Daughters Of Darkness
The Farina Method – Interview With Film Critic Alberto Farina, Son Of Director Corrado Farina
Bloodsucking Capitalists – Interview With Actor Giuliano Disperati And Editor/Screenwriter Giulio Berruti
Outtakes Of De Sade
Short Films By Corrado Farina
IL FIGLIO DI DRACULA (THE SON OF DRACULA)
GIRO GIRO TONDO (RING AROUND THE ROSIE)
IL CANTICO DELLE CREATURE (THE CANTICLE OF THE CREATURES)
PRAISED BE MY LORD – Documentary Directed By Corrado Farina (84 mins)
Commercials Directed By Corrado Farina

Disc 7: THE DEVIL’S LOVER (1972)

Previously available only in edited versions and poor-quality transfers, it remains one of the most obscure and bizarre Italian gothics of the ‘70s: When a trio of free-spirited young women – led by a smoldering Rosalba Neri of LADY FRANKENSTEIN fame – insist on spending the night in a castle rumored to be owned by the Devil himself, their cobweb-and-candelabra lark triggers a nightmare of lust, violence, vampirism and the ultimate ecstasy of Satanic seduction. Edmund Purdom (FRANKENSTEIN’S CASTLE OF FREAKS), Robert Woods (COUNTESS PERVERSE) and Carla Mancini (ERIKA) co-star in this unique shocker “taken from the theatrical work of the Grand Guignol” – also known as LUCIFERA: DEMON LOVER – written/directed by Paolo Lombardo (THE EMBALMER), produced by Dick Randall (PIECES) and featuring a soundtrack by Elvio Monti (CRISTIANA DEVIL NUN), now scanned uncut in 2K from the vault negative for the first time ever in America.

Disc Specs:
Runtime: 78 mins
Region A

Special Features:
Audio Commentary With Annie Rose Malamet, Film Scholar And Host Of Girls, Guts, Giallo
Lady Of The Night: The Feminism Of Rosalba Neri – Video Essay By Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
Out Of The Woods – Interview With Actor Robert Woods

Disc 8: THE DEVIL’S LOVER Soundtrack CD

What A Disgrace

#435 Post by What A Disgrace » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:10 pm

I really hope that main feature is available individually someday soon. One of my most wanted horror films, and it's packaged up in a box of films I couldn't really care less about.

starmanof51

#436 Post by starmanof51 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:14 pm

What A Disgrace wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:10 pm
I really hope that main feature is available individually someday soon. One of my most wanted horror films, and it's packaged up in a box of films I couldn't really care less about.
seconded

brundlefly

#437 Post by brundlefly » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:55 am

Willing to give the other titles a spin when this is at sale price, but if you're going to make 3/7ths of your box set about Castle of Blood it seems a no-brainer to include Web of the Spider. I don't know what the state of Garagehouse is or if any of their discs are technically still in print, but their disc is unavailable enough that it seems like an opportunity to sublicense.

M Sanderson

#438 Post by M Sanderson » Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:02 am

What A Disgrace wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:10 pm
I was happy to find out that Bazzoni's Footprints is getting a standalone release, the one title I wanted from the Psychotic Women box. Maybe it will be the same in this case.

dwk

#439 Post by dwk » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:05 pm

Standard wide release versions of The Psychic UHD,Nightmare UHD, and Bad Biology UHD are due out on January 30th.

What A Disgrace

#440 Post by What A Disgrace » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:53 pm

It looks like Severin is going to release 3/4 of the Soavi horror quartet for Black Friday on 4K, with only Stage Fright yet to be announced.

dwk

#441 Post by dwk » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:13 pm

Here aren the 9 titles that rhat are being released during Severin's Black Friday sale:
Cemetery Man [4-Disc 4K UHD w/Slipcase + Booklet] $55/UHD: Region Free/Blu: Region A ***One UHD, two Blu-rays, one CD
The Church [3-Disc 4K UHD w/Slipcover + Booklet] $45/UHD: Region Free/Blu: Region A ***One UHD, one Blu-ray, one CD
The Sect [3-Disc 4K UHD w/Slipcover + Booklet] $45/UHD: Region Free/Blu: Region A ***One UHD, one Blu-ray, one CD
Spider Labyrinth [3-Disc 4K UHD w/Exclusive Slipcover] $45/UHD: Region Free/Blu: Region Free ***One UHD, one Blu-ray, one CD
Closed Circuit [Blu-ray] $24/Region Free
The Unscarred [Blu-ray] $24/Region Free
Raiders Of The Living Dead [Blu-ray w/Slipcover] $28/Region A
The Dead One [Blu-ray w/Exclusive Slipcover] $24/Region A
Stir [Blu-ray] $24/Region Free.

During the sale, on Saturday (and only that Saturday) the following boxsets will be 50% off:
All The Haunts Be Ours: A Compendium Of Folk Horror
The Complete Lenzi/Baker Giallo Collection
The Dungeon of Andy Milligan Collection
House of Psychotic Women Rarities Collection
The Incredibly Strange Films of Ray Dennis Steckler
Nasty Habits: The Nunsploitation Collection
Violent Streets: The Umberto Lenzi/Tomas Milian Collection
The Eurocrypt of Christopher Lee Collection Vol 1
The Eurocrypt of Christopher Lee Collection Vol 2
Wings of Disaster: The Birdemic Trilogy

dwk

#442 Post by dwk » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:29 pm

Here are the specs for three of the Black Friday titles
SPIDER LABYRINTH Special Features:
DISC 1: UHD
Audio Commentary With Dr. Will Dodson, Professor of Rhetoric And Media Studies, And Ryan Verrill, Host of The Disc Connected
Trailer

DISC 2: Feature Blu-ray
Audio Commentary With Dr. Will Dodson, Professor Of Rhetoric And Media Studies, And Ryan Verrill, Host Of The Disc Connected
Caught In A Web – Interview With Director Gianfranco Giagni
Arachne – Interview With Screenwriter Gianfranco Manfredi
All The Colors Of A Spider – Interview With Cinematographer Nino Celeste
Smile Of The Spider Woman – Interview With Actress Paola Rinaldi
Death In Stop Motion – Interview With Special FX Artist Sergio Stivaletti
Web Of The Weird – Placing SPIDER LABYRINTH In The Weird Genre With Dr. Will Dodson, Ryan Verrill And Erica Shultz, Author Of The Sweetest Taboo: An Unapologetic Guide To Child Kills In Film
Trailer

DISC 3: Bonus Soundtrack CD

Feature Specs for SPIDER LABYRINTH:
Video: HDR
Audio: English Stereo, Italian Stereo
Closed Captions: English SDH
Region: A/B/C

STIR Special Features:
Audio Commentary With Producer Richard Brennan, Director Stephen Wallace, Cinematographer Geoff Burton And Actor Bryan Brown, Moderated By Mark Hartley, Director Of NOT QUITE HOLLYWOOD
Audio Commentary With Crime Film And Literature Historian Andrew Nette
Tales From The Inside – Archival Making-Of Documentary By Mark Hartley
A Career On The Fringe – A Tribute To Actor Phil Motherwell Featuring Australian Theater Historian Robert Reid And Film Critic Paul Harris
Director Stephen Wallace Introduces THE LOVE LETTERS FROM TERALBA ROAD THE LOVE LETTERS FROM TERALBA ROAD (50 mins)
Trailer

Feature Specs for STIR:
Audio: English 5.1, English Stereo

THE UNSCARRED Special Features:
Audio Commentary With Director Buddy Giovinazzo, Moderated By Severin Films' David Gregory
Once Upon A Time In East Berlin – Interview With Actor James Russo
Run Johann Run – Interview With Actor Heino Ferch
Trailer

Feature Specs for THE UNSCARRED:
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
Audio: English 5.1, English Stereo

Adam X

#443 Post by Adam X » Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:52 am

Does anyone have any thoughts on The Unscarred. I’m curious, but the trailer doesn’t really inspire much interest. It looks like a fairly standard late ‘90’s DTV chamber piece.

dwk

#444 Post by dwk » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:12 am

The specs and special features for the three Michele Soavi UHDs:
CEMETERY MAN Special Features:
Audio Commentary By Director Michele Soavi And Screenwriter Gianni Romoli Trailers

DISC 2: BLU-RAY
Audio Commentary By Director Michele Soavi And Screenwriter Gianni Romoli
At The Graves – Interview With Michele Soavi
Of Love And Death – Interview With Actor Rupert Everett
She – Interview With Actress Anna Falchi
Archival Making-Of

DISC 3: BLU-RAY
A Matter Of Life And Death – Interview With Gianni Romoli
Graveyard Shift – Interview With Cinematographer Mauro Marchetti
Head Over Heels – Interview With Actress Fabiana Formica
The Living Dead Mayor – Interview With Actor Stefano Masciarelli
The Music From The Underground – Interview With Composer Riccardo Biseo Resurrection – Interview With Special FX Artist Sergio Stivaletti
Cemetery Gates – Interview with Set Designer Antonello Geleng
Grave Encounters – Interview With Alan Jones, Author Of Profondo Argento
Trailers

DISC 4: Bonus Soundtrack CD

Exclusive Booklet By Claire Donner Of The Miskatonic Institute Of Horror Studies

Feature Specs for CEMETERY MAN:
Aspect Ratio: 1.66:1 Video: Dolby Vision
Audio: English Dolby Atmos, English 5.1, English Stereo, Italian Stereo
Subtitles: English Closed Captions: English SDH
Region: UHD: Region Free, Disc 1 Blu-ray: A, Disc 2 Blu-ray: A/B/C

THE CHURCH Special Features:
Trailer

The Mystery Of The Cathedrals – Interview With Director Michele Soavi Alchemical Possession – Interview With Co-Screenwriter/Producer Dario Argento
The Eleventh Commandment – Interview With Co-Screenwriter Franco Ferrini
The Ghostwriter – Interview With Co-Screenwriter Dardano Sacchetti
Lotte – Interview With Actress Asia Argento
Here Comes The Bride – Interview With Actress Antonella Vitale
A Demon Named Evan – Interview With Actor Tomas Arana
Father Giovanni – Interview With Actor Giovanni Lombardo Radice
Monsters And Demons – Interview With Special FX Artist Sergio Stivaletti
Holy Ground – Interview With Make-Up Artist Franco Casagni
Building The Church – Interview With Set Designer Antonello Geleng
The Right-Hand Man – Interview With Assistant Director Claudio Lattanzi
Return To The Land Of The Demons – Interview With Alan Jones, Author Of Profondo Argento
Trailer

Exclusive Booklet By Claire Donner Of The Miskatonic Institute Of Horror Studies

Feature Specs for THE CHURCH:
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1 Video: Dolby Vision
Audio: English 5.1, English Stereo, Italian Stereo
Region: UHD: Region Free, Blu-ray: A

THE SECT Special Features:
U.S. Release Trailer

Sympathy For The Devil – Interview With Director Michele Soavi
(You're The) Devil In Disguise – Interview With Co-Screenwriter/Producer Dario Argento
Catacumba – Interview With Co-Screenwriter Gianni Romoli
Cult Of Personality – Interview With Actor Tomas Arana
Owner Of A Lonely Heart – Interview With Actor Giovanni Lombardo Radice
In The Shaded Area – Interview With Cinematographer Raffaele Mertes
Four Times Argento – Interview With Composer Pino Donaggio
Total Eclipse – Interview With Special FX Artist Sergio Stivaletti
Oh Well – Interview With Set Designer Antonello Geleng
The Birth Of Evil – Interview With Film Historian Fabrizio Spurio
Into The Dark Well – Interview With Alan Jones, Author Of Profondo Argento Catacomb In The Kitchen – Michele Soavi Shows Us His Dark Basement
Italian Trailer
U.S. Release Trailer

Feature Specs for THE SECT:
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1 Video: Dolby Vision
Audio: English Stereo, Italian Stereo
Region: UHD: Region Free, Blu-ray: A

dwk

#445 Post by dwk » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:39 pm

And the special features/specs for the final three Black Friday titlea:
CLOSED CIRCUIT Special Features:
Introduction By Kier-La Janisse, Author Of House Of Psychotic Women Audio
Commentary With Film Historians Nathaniel Thompson And Howard Berger Murder At The Matinee – Interview With Director Giuliano Montaldo
Il Sociologo – Video Essay By Film Historian Kat Ellinger On Actor Flavio Bucci
Re-Release Trailer By Jake West

Feature Specs for CLOSED CIRCUIT:
Aspect Ratio: 1.66:1
Audio: Italian Mono Subtitles: English

RAIDERS OF THE LIVING DEAD Special Features:
Audio Commentary With Director/Producer Samuel M. Sherman
Audio Commentary With Actor Robert Deveau
Things To Do In Jersey When You're Dead – Interviews With Fangoria Writer Tim Ferrante, Editor John Donaldson And Soundtrack Composer George Edward Ott
DYING DAY – Original Cut (80 mins)
DARK NIGHT – Second/Alternate Version (72 mins)
THE WEIRD STRANGER – Short Film Produced By Samuel M. Sherman
Dark Nights And Dying Days – Behind-The-Scenes Stills Gallery
Documents Of The Dead – Production Gallery
Trailer

Feature Specs for RAIDERS OF THE LIVING DEAD:
Audio: English Mono
Region: A

THE DEAD ONE Special Features:
Audio Interview With Distributor Samuel M. Sherman
The Crazy Wild And Crazy Life Of Barry Mahon – Interview With Author/Filmmaker C. Courtney Joyner On Writer/Producer/Director Barry Mahon
Trailer

Feature Specs for THE DEAD ONE:
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
Audio: English Mono
Region: A

M Sanderson

#446 Post by M Sanderson » Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:07 pm

Adam X wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:52 am
Does anyone have any thoughts on The Unscarred. I’m curious, but the trailer doesn’t really inspire much interest. It looks like a fairly standard late ‘90’s DTV chamber piece.
I'm a die hard Giovinazzo fan, due to both his books and films. And I remember admiring this unusually cast character study enough to snap up the film the minute it went up on Black Friday. It doesn't go to any of the extremes you'd expect from the director (even the grisly beatings and shootouts that are so gradually built up to in No Way Home, from for example a specific milieu). It was too long ago for me to provide a review or summary. But I liked it a lot and points towards Giovinazzo's interest in Germany (his work on German TV drama and also an explosive novel that Tony Scott wanted to adapt, Potzdamer Platz).

Adam X

#447 Post by Adam X » Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:10 pm

I don’t really need the film to be violent or go to any “extremes” to be be interested. I guess I just meant the trailer makes it look conventionally glossy & underwritten. I wouldn’t exactly say I’m a fan of his work but what I’ve seen interests me. I think I’ve already given Severin enough money this month (I do wish I could’ve bought the snow globe though), so another time maybe. Thanks for the reply.

Jean-Luc Garbo

#448 Post by Jean-Luc Garbo » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:18 pm

Mondo Digital has up the reviews for the Black Friday titles. Does anyone know if Four Flies On Grey Velvet will be part of the sale like last year?

sabbath

#449 Post by sabbath » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:42 pm

Jean-Luc Garbo wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:18 pm
Mondo Digital has up the reviews for the Black Friday titles. Does anyone know if Four Flies On Grey Velvet will be part of the sale like last year?
The sale already started on their website, so you can search for yourself... but the answer is no.

TechnicolorAcid

#450 Post by TechnicolorAcid » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:45 pm

sabbath wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:42 pm
Jean-Luc Garbo wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:18 pm
The sale already started on their website, so you can search for yourself... but the answer is no.
I don’t think you can. It was a limited run, maybe if you email Severin they’ll tell you if they have a discounted copy but like sabbath said probably not.