65 / BD 65 A Time to Love and a Time to Die

Discuss releases by Eureka and Masters of Cinema and the films on them.
Arrow

Re: 65 / BD 65 A Time to Love and a Time to Die

#51 Post by Arrow » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:50 pm

MichaelB wrote:
Arrow wrote:Any chance this is region free like the dvd was?
None whatsoever, I'm afraid - I've just tried playing the checkdisc in a Region A player.

For the record, the region-coding message this time round is headed "A good time to die?" - which I'm afraid confirms that it's not a Winstanley situation where the checkdiscs were accidentally region-locked but the final release was region-free. This one is clearly intentional.

Thanks for checking! Guess I have to buy a region free player. And a tv....

GaryC

#52 Post by GaryC » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:40 pm

EddieLarkin wrote:Beaver
GaryC wrote:I've just received a Blu-ray checkdisc of this, and can confirm that the aspect ratio is actually 2.55:1 (measured)
Your post really through me off for a while because I was sure 2.55:1 'Scope was abandoned around 1956. But DVDBeaver caps confirm the disc is actually 2.35:1. Are you sure your measurements are correct?
I'll double check at the weekend when I watch the whole thing to review it, and if I can find the DVD checkdisc from four years ago, I'll include a comparison. (If all else fails, my old review has a couple of screengrabs.)

Adamg11

#53 Post by Adamg11 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:31 am

connor

#54 Post by connor » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:16 pm

Hey this has been out of print in blu-ray for a while now...anyone know if it's coming back? I wrote MoC and didn't receive a response.

Lost Highway

#55 Post by Lost Highway » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:34 am

connor wrote:Hey this has been out of print in blu-ray for a while now...anyone know if it's coming back? I wrote MoC and didn't receive a response.
If all fails, this is also out in Germany and it's quite cheap.

https://www.amazon.de/Zeit-leben-sterbe ... uglas+sirk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;