The Outlaw Josey Wales

Discuss North American DVDs and Blu-rays or other DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
flyonthewall2983

The Outlaw Josey Wales

#1 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:53 am

Blu-Ray coming June 7th
Clint Eastwood in The Outlaw Josey Wales is riding onto Blu-ray Disc for the first time on June 7 to coincide with Father's Day.

Warner Bros. is bringing the Eastwood classic to Blu-ray in their premium digi-book packaging which includes a 32-page book with film information and photos. Also newly created for the release is a documentary featuring Eastwood, Morgan Freeman and Oliver Stone, as well as a commentary track with Richard Schickel.

Carrying over from numerous DVD versions are a pair of vintage featurettes: Eastwood in Action and Hell Hath No Fury.

The Outlaw Josey Wales on Blu-ray has SRP pricing set at $34.99.
Interesting to hear what Oliver has to say about it.

Duncan Hopper

Re: The Outlaw Josey Wales

#2 Post by Duncan Hopper » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:27 am

as well as a commentary track with Richard Schickel.
I'm sure this will be just as bad as the Dirty Harry track he did. It has to rank as one of the most uninformative and boring commentaries I've ever heard.

Finch

#3 Post by Finch » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:07 pm

Agree it's a shame that Schickel seems to be the to-go-to man about Eastwood and his films as far as Warner are concerned. Still, I'm looking forward to the upgrade: it's one of Eastwood's most handsome (and best) films and the Jerry Fielding score rocks. Hopefully they won't neglect the likes of Perfect World and Bridges of Madison County.

knives

#4 Post by knives » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:25 pm

I don't think we have to worry about Bridges, but it would be nice is they remembered Perfect World. It's definitely one of his better films and a real predictor of what he would do in the subsequent decade.

aox

#5 Post by aox » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:45 pm

knives wrote:I don't think we have to worry about Bridges, but it would be nice is they remembered Perfect World. It's definitely one of his better films and a real predictor of what he would do in the subsequent decade.
See, IMO, I don't think he did much in the past decade really worth noting (not a fan of Eastwood, as director), but I think A Perfect World is an excellent film and perhaps his best.

Napier

#6 Post by Napier » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:04 pm

This is an awesome Blu-ray! Don't miss out, it has a fantastic commentary and stellar transfer.

flyonthewall2983

#7 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:07 pm

Really? I've always heard Schickel's commentaries were crap.

Napier

#8 Post by Napier » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:45 pm

flyonthewall2983 wrote:Really? I've always heard Schickel's commentaries were crap.
I don't normally listen to commentaries, so I can't really comment on his other ones. But if your an Eastwood fan, and fan of westerns, it's full of great anecdotes and history. This has always been on of my favorites, that's the only reason I listened to it.