Superman: The Ultimate Collector's Edition

Discuss North American DVDs and Blu-rays or other DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.

manicsounds

Re: Superman: The Ultimate Collector's Edition

#52 Post by manicsounds » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:59 am

Disc 3 of my set does not play on my Pioneer at all. Plays on my laptop though. But some of the deleted scenes just freeze on there. Anyone else have this problem?

manicsounds

#53 Post by manicsounds » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:45 am

For those who missed the announcement, The Superman Anthology Blu-ray is out, with all the DVD special features (in standard def), plus 2 new documentaries. Would've liked the Fleischer cartoons in HD too but, that must have been too much to ask. As long as it doesn't have any of the hiccups my R1 DVD set had...

dx23

#54 Post by dx23 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:49 pm

Is there still any way to contact Warner to replace the erroneous discs from the R1 DVD tin set? I emailed them a couple of times and they never replied to any of my messages.

willoneill

#55 Post by willoneill » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:58 am

dx23 wrote:Is there still any way to contact Warner to replace the erroneous discs from the R1 DVD tin set? I emailed them a couple of times and they never replied to any of my messages.
The phone number still worked last year. Google "ultimate superman collection replacement" and it should come up.

manicsounds

#56 Post by manicsounds » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:42 am

dx23 wrote:Is there still any way to contact Warner to replace the erroneous discs from the R1 DVD tin set? I emailed them a couple of times and they never replied to any of my messages.
dx23, I can give you the email of the guy that helped me out from Warner Brothers. But let me check with him first to see if he can still help you.

dx23

#57 Post by dx23 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:23 pm

manicsounds wrote:
dx23, I can give you the email of the guy that helped me out from Warner Brothers. But let me check with him first to see if he can still help you.
Yeah, that will be perfect. If not, I will then try willoneall's phone suggestion, but would like to speak to someone who is actually aware of the problem before contacting WB general customer service. By the way, I'm located now in North Carolina, so it will probably be easier and cheaper for them to do the exchange.

willoneill

#58 Post by willoneill » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:32 pm

dx23 wrote:Yeah, that will be perfect. If not, I will then try willoneall's phone suggestion, but would like to speak to someone who is actually aware of the problem before contacting WB general customer service. By the way, I'm located now in North Carolina, so it will probably be easier and cheaper for them to do the exchange.
If this helps/makes you feel any better, when I called Warner Bros General Customer service last year, the woman I spoke with knew exactly what I was talking about right away. All I said to her was "I bought the Ultimate Superman Collection..." and she responded "...and you need to replace two of the discs, right?" She was very nice. It seems WB actually trains their staff when it comes to these issues.