From the Earth to the Moon

Discuss TV shows old and new.
aox

From the Earth to the Moon

#1 Post by aox » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:53 am

Apologies if this doesn't doesn't deserve its own thread, but I have never seen this and I would really like to.

However, HBO doesn't stream this to their services and I am wondering why? Quick Google says there are rights issues. I've encountered this before with TV shows like Batman (1966) and the Wonder Years. Those rights issues were openly discussed with the former being a dispute between two companies about the rights to the character and the latter being music.

What's puzzling about this situation is how little information is available, but also HBO. HBO, in my opinion, is a stronghold of protecting their intellectual property. They are one company I can see who are on top of everything they have ever produced.

Do any of you have further information about why this series remains so elusive outside of a VHS/DVD release (which, IMO makes this even more bizarre)?

solaris72

Re: From the Earth to the Moon

#2 Post by solaris72 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:02 am

I think the issue is they mostly only stream content that they have in HD. Same reason The Corner isn't available.

willoneill

Re: From the Earth to the Moon

#3 Post by willoneill » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:26 am

In Canada there's a streaming service called CraveTV, which among other things has the rights to HBO and Cinemax programming that is no longer currently in production (Crave usually gets a show about 6 months after the series finale). There's also most of the old HBO miniseries and TV movies. However I just checked, and neither From the Earth to the Moon nor The Corner are there either, though lots of older stuff is.