Classic Animation on DVD/Blu-ray

Discuss internationally-released DVDs and Blu-rays or other international DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
L.A.

Classic Animation on DVD/Blu-ray

#1 Post by L.A. » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:04 pm

Maybe a welcome addition to discuss classic animation that have received home video releases across the world.

For starters, I'd like to ask about the DVD of Marco Polo Junior Versus the Red Dragon (1972) - Australia's first animated feature film - how does it look like, about the specs and extras department? Anyone own this?

RobertB

Re: Classic Animation on DVD/Blu-ray

#2 Post by RobertB » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:07 am

I know nothing about that film, but I will use this thread for a recommendation:

Norway's best known stop motion animated feature Flåklypa Grand Prix (The Pinchcliffe Grand Prix 1975), is available on DVD and BD directly from Caprino Studios. It's region free and English friendly with plenty of extras, and a very attractive set all around.

L.A.

#3 Post by L.A. » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:57 am

^ Very good recommendation. Thanks for that.

Calvin

#4 Post by Calvin » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:34 am

In May, Japan will be getting a gorgeous release of the works of Yuri Norstein featuring new 2K restorations of all his films and also including English subtitles.

Raymond Marble

#5 Post by Raymond Marble » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:14 pm

Calvin wrote:In May, Japan will be getting a gorgeous release of the works of Yuri Norstein featuring new 2K restorations of all his films and also including English subtitles.
Ooh, that's great news. Thanks.