Arrow: Cheapest Prices/Best Places to Buy/Pre-Orders/Deals

News on Arrow Video releases.

Moderators: MichaelB, yoloswegmaster

Ashirg

Re: Arrow: Cheapest Prices/Best Places to Buy/Pre-Orders/Dea

#401 Post by Ashirg » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:04 pm

Have anyone received their Family Video order? I ordered The Bloodstained Butterfly and Outlaw: Gangster VIP and while I got the first item, the box is still missing...

The Fanciful Norwegian

#402 Post by The Fanciful Norwegian » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:48 pm

I ordered a bunch of stuff a week and a half ago and haven't received any of it. Some titles have been going in and out of stock (Happiness of the Katakuris couldn't even be backordered when I put my order in, but it's apparently available now) and I chose the cheapest shipping option (which was only $1.99 for the entire order), so I'm hoping they're just waiting for certain titles to come back in stock to ship them all at once.

Glowingwabbit

#403 Post by Glowingwabbit » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:58 pm

Ashirg wrote:Have anyone received their Family Video order? I ordered The Bloodstained Butterfly and Outlaw: Gangster VIP and while I got the first item, the box is still missing...
I contacted them last week. Sounds like the sale went up online before they actually had the titles in stock. I've seen a few people on twitter post that they've received their packages. My order says "processing" on their website, but myusps says I have three packages coming so that must be them.

matrixschmatrix

#404 Post by matrixschmatrix » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:04 pm

Mine came in today, actually.

markymark

#405 Post by markymark » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:49 am

I got all five of my titles (in two separate shipments, a week apart).

Emak-Bakia

#406 Post by Emak-Bakia » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:29 pm

My order (placed March 12th) arrived today. Strangely, Suture has what looks exactly like a Barnes and Noble price tag on the cover.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#407 Post by domino harvey » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:36 pm

Probably returned stock from one of the stores. Could be weirder-- I once ordered a DVD direct from Amazon that arrived with a Walmart sticker on it!

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#409 Post by tenia » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:35 am

Some of these price reductions are terrible (Blood Rage at £15 ? Come on...) but the Dekalog set at £34.99 is an absolute bargain. The Woody Allen Vol 1 at £39.99 isn't bad either.

MichaelB

#410 Post by MichaelB » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:02 am

The Taviani box at £29.99 works out at a tenner per film, with the six hours of extras and 100-page book thrown in.

Ribs

#411 Post by Ribs » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:54 am

Bummed that they haven't done other batch add of twenty-odd Second Run titles to go with this sale as they did in December.

I'll be pre-ordering a bunch of stuff for the points but don't really think there's anything in sale section proper catching my eye.

matrixschmatrix

#412 Post by matrixschmatrix » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:42 am

Picked up The Human Condition, the Taviani set, Rabid, and Les Diaboliques (since it looks to have a different commentary than the Criterion) for just over $100- that feels pretty reasonable to me. I wish The Glass Key et al would go on sale, though.

What A Disgrace

#413 Post by What A Disgrace » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:49 am

Really lousy sale. Probably the last opportunity to pick up that limited edition of Blood Rage, though...

PianoMan88

#414 Post by PianoMan88 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:25 am

What A Disgrace wrote:Really lousy sale. Probably the last opportunity to pick up that limited edition of Blood Rage, though...
There's a Limited Edition of Blood Rage?

For people who have been purchasing from the Arrow store for the last year or more, many of these items on sale are repeats. I think for me that's a little disappointing. I really was hoping that one of the other Woody Allen sets would go on sale, yet here we are again with Vol.1 only.

But for many people the sale will be great. I'm only picking up a couple of things on sale, but using this opportunity to buy some Pre-Order items, since we get those nice double points. So for that, it's great, as someone mentioned, 20% off regular price it's pretty good, especially for items that might sell out.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#415 Post by domino harvey » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:34 am

Yes, with slipcover and limited third disc with a different version of the movie

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#416 Post by swo17 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:48 am

Now would be a good time to preorder Phenomena.

markymark

#417 Post by markymark » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:42 am

Even though I started a thread about Arrow points, I continue to find myself somehow dumbfounded by the whole concept and probably never "maximize" my point potential. Would now be a good time to pre-order "Crystal Plumage"?

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#418 Post by swo17 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:54 am

Probably. The only way you could get it cheaper another time is if they deeply discount it in a later sale, but there's a decent chance it won't be around that long.

Ribs

#419 Post by Ribs » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:56 am

Yes, this is the best time to order it, but do not apply points to it if ordered in conjunction with an item ordered on sale.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#420 Post by swo17 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:06 pm

But if you do place an isolated order for it, this is the best time to use your points (i.e. whenever nothing on sale is in your order).

rapta

#421 Post by rapta » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:18 pm

What A Disgrace wrote:Really lousy sale. Probably the last opportunity to pick up that limited edition of Blood Rage, though...
Only lousy if you weren't waiting to see if The Human Condition or Dekalog were going to drop below £40-45.

And they did. And I've just ordered both. Most I've spent with Arrow in one go, and no doubt money well spent! Even more worth it with reward points (just under £14 worth), which I can use on a future pre-order (One-Eyed Jacks, The Thing). :D

That said, there were some single titles I was hoping to pick up too - 52 Pick-Up, The Blue Dahlia, The Glass Key, Dark Water, The Ox-Bow Incident, Hangmen Also Die! etc. Maybe next time - they could end up doing an Easter sale as well, since this is just a "March Flash Sale".

yellowhouse

#422 Post by yellowhouse » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:53 pm

swo17 wrote:Now would be a good time to preorder Phenomena.
Would it be wise to preorder The Taisho Trilogy during this sale?

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#423 Post by swo17 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:02 pm

Academy titles tend not to sell out like the cult horror stuff, but if you want it first thing, now is as good a time as any to preorder. You might be able to get it cheaper like a year after release though, if you can wait.

Ribs

#424 Post by Ribs » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:06 pm

Considering the higher print runs I wouldn't be surprised if the Argento sets stick around a bit, especially considering they're US/UK releases. Not one Academy set has sold out aside from the very first set (Boro) and the shorter print run of the Fassbinder set.

If you want Taisho upon release, this is the best way to order it; chances are the June sale will be towards the end of the month so it may already be out a few weeks if you were to wait until then.
Last edited by Ribs on Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cronenfly

#425 Post by Cronenfly » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:08 pm

I'm going to order Taisho. Considering the extra rewards points and the fact that I do not believe the comparable-in-size-and-price Yoshida set has ever dropped below 35 pounds or so, I think now makes sense.