263 Tomorrow We Live

Discuss releases by Indicator and the films on them.

Moderator: MichaelB

MichaelB

263 Tomorrow We Live

#1 Post by MichaelB » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:10 am

TOMORROW WE LIVE
(George King, 1942)
Release date: 17 June 2024
Limited Edition Blu-ray (World premiere)

Pre-order here (UK) or here (US)

John Clements (The Four Feathers), Godfrey Tearle (Alfred Hitchcock’s The 39 Steps), Hugh Sinclair (The Four Just Men), and Greta Gynt (Sexton Blake and the Hooded Terror) star in Tomorrow We Live, a thrilling tale of wartime resistance.

In occupied France, Baptiste (Clements) arrives in a small town armed with details of a German submarine base. As the resistance humiliates the occupiers, and the Gestapo exacts deadly reprisals upon the local population, Baptiste works with the local mayor (Tearle) and his daughter (Gynt) to plan his escape to Britain.

Released in the US as At Dawn We Die, and directed by Tod Slaughter collaborator George King (Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street), Tomorrow We Live shocked audiences upon its release with its unflinching portrayal of Nazi brutality.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES

• New restoration from a 4K scan by Powerhouse Films;
• Original mono audio;
• Audio commentary with film historians Josephine Botting and Robert Murphy (2024);
• Pamela Hutchinson on Greta Gynt (2024): the film historian discusses the life and career of the famed Norwegian actor;
• The BEHP Interview with Roy Douglas (2005): archival video recording, made as part of the British Entertainment History Project, featuring composer Roy Douglas in conversation with Alex Gibson;
• Image gallery: promotional and publicity materials;
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing;
• Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Philip Kemp, archival interviews and articles, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and film credits;
• World premiere on Blu-ray;
• Limited edition of 4,000 copies for the UK and the US;
• All extras subject to change.

#PHILE263B
BBFC cert: U
REGION FREE
EAN: 5060697922059

jlnight

Re: 263 Tomorrow We Live

#2 Post by jlnight » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:56 am

Watched this on Great Action yesterday. It starts off a bit 'Allo 'Allo then proceeds more into Secret Army territory.

I knew I'd heard of The Shop at Sly Corner because it was on London Live last year (I missed it). The Whole Truth is being repeated on TPTV soon. Haven't seen Obsession (1948) but apparently it's been on Channel 4 in 1983 and 1987.

I'm guessing that Tomorrow We Live, Sly Corner and Obsession are all Screenbound titles.