It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:26 am 

Haven't seen either, but, if you can wait, Focus Features is supposed to release Thoroughbreds in Spring 2018.

[And if you're taking recommendations for stylish, early-Taviani-but-better-esque feminist folktales, I'd point to Indonesian director Mouly Surya's Marlina: the Murderer in 4 Acts. Trailer].

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:50 pm 

I haven't seen either of those films, unfortunately, but I've also seen Marlina the Murderer in 4 Acts. I didn't adore it, but it was stylish, atmospheric and pulpishly enjoyable. On Body and Soul is worth a look too: a very dark, very weird rom-com, beautifully shot and full of elements that will repel a large chunk of the audience for quirky rom-coms! The Desert Bride is very well done, but it's familiar festival territory. Most of the others I've seen should be known quantities by now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:23 pm 

I appreciate you both taking a moment to look at the schedule for our little festival and providing recommendations! I think with our available time we’ll be able to at least see On Body and Soul out of those.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:00 am 

I'd second the Enyedi. Interesting idea, and very-well executed, but frustrating ending.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10