The Dark Knight Trilogy (Christopher Nolan, 2005-2012)

Discussions of specific films and franchises.
exte

#801 Post by exte » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:52 pm

Number 2 of all time in just thirty days: $471,493,000...

Maybe it will land somewhere around $550,000,000.

Morbii

#802 Post by Morbii » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:39 pm

Cold Bishop wrote:That may be the dumbest invention I've ever heard of.
On the contrary, I think that it's an interesting idea (even if I may never partake myself).

For example, imagine getting a forum group together watching an old silent on Blu Ray with some of the forum members that are well versed on the era.

AWA

#803 Post by AWA » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:11 pm

Antoine Doinel wrote:There are rumors floating about, that the BluRay disc of the film will be the first with BD-Live, a largely useless feature that will allow you to simultaneously watch the film "live" with a few other people and chat or talk about the film as it plays.
Invite strangers to talk over a movie. Worst idea ever.

cdnchris
Site Admin

#804 Post by cdnchris » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:14 pm

Antoine Doinel wrote:There are rumors floating about, that the BluRay disc of the film will be the first with BD-Live, a largely useless feature that will allow you to simultaneously watch the film "live" with a few other people and chat or talk about the film as it plays.
They had that on the HD DVD for the last Harry Potter, which sounded pretty useless. I'm surprised Warner is trying it again, though maybe with the Dark Knight fan boys/gamers that own PS3s this will prove more successful.

Darth Lavender

#805 Post by Darth Lavender » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:43 pm

Grand Illusion wrote:D: Why not just release a bonus audio track with people talking over the important parts to truly replicate the theater experience?
Been done :P

I think some of Rodriguez' dvds had that feature (Sin City?) as did The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Morbii wrote:On the contrary, I think that it's an interesting idea (even if I may never partake myself).

For example, imagine getting a forum group together watching an old silent on Blu Ray with some of the forum members that are well versed on the era.
The idea is good, devoting a specific technology to it is silly.

I've already viewed movies with people over MSN (both start watching the movie at the same time. Have it playing in one window and chat in another. Darn fun (it almost made 'Sex and the City' watchable :o ))

Grand Illusion

#807 Post by Grand Illusion » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:13 am

Are you incapable of putting your thoughts in this discussion forum, where we might actually discuss them?

What a lame contribution.

Cold Bishop

#808 Post by Cold Bishop » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:21 am

The Dark Knight is the fever dream of a white supremacist who listens to way too much Wagner.
wonderful

noelbotevera

#809 Post by noelbotevera » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:30 am

Grand Illusion wrote:
Are you incapable of putting your thoughts in this discussion forum, where we might actually discuss them?

What a lame contribution.
Someone fell out of the wrong side of bed this afternoon.

So discuss! There's plenty of meat in there to chew on. Instead of firing away at the messenger, take a peek at the message.

If you want an opening salvo, yep, I agree with him. Fanboys are too uptight. Badly in need of laxatives. It's only a movie.

exte

#810 Post by exte » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:19 am

noelbotevera wrote:It's only a movie.
Gigantic retardation. It's not like this is a forum for top soil or phase four nuclear energy or something, it's a fucking movie forum!!

Also, for those who want the script, I managed to snatch it off wikileaks this morning just in time... Just PM me.

Jeff

#811 Post by Jeff » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:29 am

exte wrote:It's not like this is a forum for top soil or phase four nuclear energy or something
Should we start a new subforum for these topics or include them in "Non-Cinema Arts?"

noelbotevera

#812 Post by noelbotevera » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:52 am

For the record I'm for nuclear energy, and for asking why the search for sustainable nuclear fusion seems to have fallen off the radar screen of alternative energy sources.

Matt

#813 Post by Matt » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:53 pm

So, Cher is Catwoman and Johnny Depp is the Riddler, according to wild rumors in the Telegraph. I don't believe it for one minute, but the article sez Nolan wants Cher to play Catwoman like a vamp in her twilight years. I could actually see this happening. Imagine Cher (who is a very good actress, or was 20 years ago) as a sort of Norma Desmond/Monique van Vooren Catwoman. Wouldn't that be awesome? It would be the total antidote to the whole sex kitten angle that's become a complete cliché since Eartha Kitt and Julie Newmar.

Johnny Depp as the Riddler just seems too obvious, though. Hasn't he already played that part?

flyonthewall2983

#814 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:47 pm

Not meaning to start another Catwoman discussion (since the last one went so well...) but to go in that direction would be a wonderful idea, but Cher playing the character would be a bit laughable. Plus I don't think she's done anything acting-wise in a long, long time.

exte

#815 Post by exte » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:45 pm

How would she move, other than walk? Unless that's the point. And if so, then why dress up at all?

Grand Illusion

#816 Post by Grand Illusion » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:35 pm

Cher? They should pick someone younger, like Glenn Close.

Matt

#817 Post by Matt » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:49 pm

exte wrote:How would she move, other than walk?
Michelle Pfeiffer didn't exactly do her own backflips in Batman Returns, ya know.

If the Cher thing is anything but a silly rumor, I expect the fanboys will be up in arms. But y'all should go look at Moostruck, Silkwood, and maybe even Mask and Suspect and then tell me she's not a better choice than Angelina Jolie. When Cher got her Oscar for Moostruck, she won over Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction, Holly Hunter in Broadcast News, and Meryl Streep in Ironweed. That's a tough group. And having Catwoman be a mature, intelligent, morally ambivalent figure would be a better addition to Nolan's boys-only world (don't even try to tell me that Rachel Dawes is anything but a plot device) than another busty chick in leather.

Anyway, the rumor has already been denied.

flyonthewall2983

#818 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:05 pm

I was thinking Julianne Moore would be a good choice.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#819 Post by swo17 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:20 pm

Um, as someone who got in trouble for doing this before, I think it's best we leave speculation of who could play Catwoman (i.e. who looks hot in leather) or Poison Ivy or Batgirl or any other possible hot female villain to "official rumors" only, or better yet, leave this thread just for discussions of that movie with Heath Ledger in it.

If we go down that road, it can only lead here:
I read this article today on showbusiness google news, I don't know what 2 believe with this article whether is true or not. But if it's true, why on earth would director Christopher Nolan choose Cher of all actress 2 play Catwoman alongside sexy Christian Bale who plays Batman in the movie. I mean Cher is pensioner, she's 62 years old she's old enough 2 be Christian Bale mum. What is Director Christopher Nolan thinking, about giving that role Catwoman to Cher, to act alongside (Bale as) Batman as his other half Catwoman. This Director can't be serious on this decision regarding the role as Catwoman, is he? Mind you maybe the reason why he might want 2 cast Cher as Catwoman 2 play alongside Christian Bale as Batman as his other half, maybe 2 russell up some feathers in the plot in the storyline. My guess is that the reason why they want 2 hire Cher has Catwoman, the screenwriter has maybe come up with a storyline on the grounds that she will have a toyboy intimate relationship with (Bale) as Batman and yes they will have loads of sex together just how Christian Bale had said he wanted in one of his interviews for the recent Batman Film Dark Knight and also 2 keep audiences gripped all the time 4 the new Batman movie at the Cinemas, so Batman 3 will be another success at the Box Office just like the last 2 Batman movies before it. Because I can't think of any other reason why, the Director would want 2 hire Cher 4 this great role in the film, don't get me wrong Cher is one the best actresses that Hollywood can ever offer in showbusiness, but come on, a role like Catwoman is not suited 4 someone of her age-group. If u read the story of Catwoman in the comic book hero Batman, u will see that Catwoman character is aimed 4 younger woman at least in her 30's. Because if the film is based on the comic story Batman, the directors should make sure that actors are suitable 4 the roles they are playing based on characters that's protrayed in the book. They say in the Article on Google that the director don't want Catwoman 2 be protrayed like what the public saw with Michelle Preffier and Halle Berry in previous Batman and Catwoman movies. But even so Michelle Preffier who played Catwoman years ago, in Tim Burton Batmans Forever film, she was surperb in the role as the sexy feline, because not only that she had good role and story line 2 act in, she was attractive 2 look at and a good actress that played her part 2 the best of her ability and gained good reviews as one of the best actors who played there parts very well alongside Batman in the movie at the time and also she was the right age group 2 play Selena Kyle aka Catwoman. Anyway if this article is true, which I hope it's not, the directorChristopher Nolan should really think about who is employing for that role as Catwoman, because it's a very good and interesting female character 2 play and has a director is not any actress you should hire 2 play the sexy and intelligent female turn feline by night and 2 meet Batmans match physical and emotional character as his soulmate and partner in crime. That's why as a director, u should not hire an actor or actress that public is going 2 find it hard 2 adapt 2, because of physical appearance and age-group not suitable 4 the part they playing, despite there acting ability. Here are suggestions that is right requirements for Catwoman Role first of all she should be a good actress, very nice - looking or attractive 2 look at, young or coming of age group between her late 20's and 30's age group, not someone who is old as a pensioner like Actress and Singer Cher and also Catwoman after 2 have a nice figure or curvy woman shape that brings out her sexappeal more in her catwoman costume or catsuit. No producer should not hire a good actress who is attractive, the right age group 4 the role and have waif-like or size zero figure like Angelina Jolie whose going 2 look more thin in a black catsuit costume because black make u look more slimmer even if you have those extra pounds that u don't want anybody 2 see. But black on skinny or underweight person would not look sexy on screen. That is the reason why beautiful good actresses such as Charlize Theron, Catherine Zeta Jones, Rachel Wiez and Kate Winslet would be suitable 4 the part in their 30 plus age-group and if the producers prefer a mature actress 2 play the part which is no where near their 60's and they look quite good 4 their age group Madeline Stowe, Andie Macdowall, Michelle Preiffer and Lela Rochon who are mature/middle age group such as 40's - 50 would be suitable 4 the Role. Anyway I am done with my comment now, which is worth looking into and 2 be taken seriously if u want 2 see a good catwoman with good characteristics 2 knock us out on the screen in Batman 3.
Last edited by swo17 on Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flyonthewall2983

#820 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:21 pm

Way ahead of ya.

Antoine Doinel

#821 Post by Antoine Doinel » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:05 pm

Digital Bits is rumoring a December 9th DVD release date, with no less than four different versions to choose from.

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

#822 Post by mfunk9786 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:09 pm

I'll take the Joker-only version that skips any scenes without Ledger in them, thanks.

Barmy

#823 Post by Barmy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:03 pm

Scarlett Johansson has a lock on Catwoman.

Murdoch

#824 Post by Murdoch » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:08 pm

Jude Law ftw.

Banana #3

#825 Post by Banana #3 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:02 pm

I vote Guy Pearce as the Riddler. It's time for a reunion.