Code Red

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
Perkins Cobb

Re: Code Red

#101 Post by Perkins Cobb » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:29 pm

You missed
Code Red wrote:got big titles in plan, and money doesn't glow on tree.
https://twitter.com/CodeRedWisdom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dwk

#102 Post by dwk » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:20 pm

Here is our custom cover art of for the deluxe collector's edition of Dario Argento's OPERA, by artist Yannick Bouchard. We are still finalizing the final details of our discs, but here is a sneak peek of what the release will include:

New 2K scan of the original camera negative with extensive color correction - exclusive to this release

Two different English tracks and the Italian track with English Subtitles

The film presented in two aspect ratios, each on their own dual layered discs - 2.35:1 and 1.78:1

NEW audio commentary with film historian Nathaniel Thompson

NEW interviews with stars William McNamara, Barbara Cupisti, Coralina Cataldi-Tassoni , Urbano Barberini and make up artist Franco Casagni

Interviews with director Dario Argento, composer Claudio Simonetti, screenwriter Franco Ferrini, special fx artist Sergio Stivaletti, press agent Enrico Lucherini, and movie historian Fabrizio Spurio

The U.S/Orion Pictures cut

Theatrical Trailers

More details to follow soon

perkizitore

#103 Post by perkizitore » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:29 pm

Well, this might be the first Code Red title I will pick if Bill lets me! :P

What A Disgrace

#104 Post by What A Disgrace » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:30 pm

I kinda want to buy that because it sounds amazing, but shouldn't I know better?

knives

#105 Post by knives » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:29 pm

Isn't this with Blue Underground?

Ashirg

#106 Post by Ashirg » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:47 pm

Scorpion Releasing had that update. It might be one of those titles distributed by Kino Lorber.

Feego

#107 Post by Feego » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:15 pm

Yes, according to Blu-ray.com, this is coming from Kino/Scorpion, not Code Red.

dwk

#108 Post by dwk » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:56 pm

No, it is a Code Red title. Scorpion/Walt Olsen is producing the disc for Code Red.

Ashirg

#109 Post by Ashirg » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:31 pm

It can still be distributed by Kino Lorber due to popularity of this title, like they did for Pit Stop blu or a number of DVDs, (Roger Corman's Post Nuke Collection discs being released in January).

What A Disgrace

#110 Post by What A Disgrace » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:09 pm

It'd be fantastic if Arrow could release their own edition of Opera, in the states no less, and we could get a repeat of the Pit Stop debacle.

dwk

#111 Post by dwk » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:52 pm

Bill Olsen announced on Facebook that they will be releasing Fulci's The Psychic on Blu-ray sometime this year.

dwk

#112 Post by dwk » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:05 am

An update on the two Michele Soavi titles. They recently recorded an interview with Asia Argento for The Church and here are the cover and specs for The Sect(they are aiming for a May release for this one.):
Here is our custom cover art for Michel Soavi's THE SECT. done by artist Wes Benscoter.

The special features on the disc will be

New 2k scan with extensive color correction.

English and Italian track with english subtitles

New exclusive interview with the maestro himself, Dario Argento

Interviews with Michele Soavi, screenwriter Gianni Romoli, actor Giovanni Lombardo Radice, composer Pino Donaggio, set designer Massimo Antonello Geleng, director of photography Raffaele Mertes and film historian Fabrizio Spurio

Reversible sleeve

the first 2000 units will have a slip sleeve

Adam X

#113 Post by Adam X » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:31 am

Finally! Thanks for the heads up.
Hopefully those specs live up to their own hype (always interesting to finally see films such as these with their Italian soundtrack) - it's been tough watching those Shameless editions quickly become less available with no substantial news from Code Red (until now).
Really looking forward to their Argento, Fulci & Soavi releases

vidussoni

#114 Post by vidussoni » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:01 pm

Great post from Bill!
GOT A NASTY DOWN UNDER CUSTOMER

Peter xxxxxx <the_fxxxxx@yahoo.com.au>
To codereddvd@yahoo.com Mar 9 at 6:09 PM

SASQUATCH / ENCOUNTERS WITH THE UNKNOWN BD-50! limited edition Blu

Hi CODE RED

I bought this and the quality of these prints is so sub-par I returned it. Especially ENCOUNTERS WITH THE UNKNOWN that was unwatchable.
I didn’t expect any blu-ray to look like a bootleg. Not remastered maybe, for some of these older movies, but still over 90%.
I thought I could trust CODE RED.
I guessed after that PRESENTED IN TRUE GRINDHOUSE FASHION meant crap pic.

I just don’t think you should do discs like this. Two movies don’t make up for it.
But if you did want to lower quality to such dubious standards, be clear about it by describing the pic quality. Such as:.
Bootleg quality. VHS quality.
Colors in second feature almost unrecongizable; nature unidentical.
Stuff like that.

- Unimpressed, or depressed, customer ☻
Reply Reply to All Forward More

================================================== ============

THIS MAN IS THE REASON I DO NOT WANT TO DEAL WITH OVERSEAS PEOPLE. FUKIN' COMPLAINER!

If the film is lost, he view it should be lost.

he got two movies for budget price??? what does he want synpse level? that'll cost $40 each!

Real arrogant aussie. aussie are friendly, so most likely he might be from this group

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_A ... l_colonies" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#115 Post by domino harvey » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:03 pm

Okay, the Wikipedia link made me laugh

Adam X

#116 Post by Adam X » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:05 pm

There are a couple of Blu-Rays from Code Red up for pre-order on Amazon. It's truly a different world.
Last Plane Out & The Funny Farm.

UPDATE: and then I found this post. Looks like Walter Olsen wasn't kidding when he suggested Code Red were widening their distribution. Now if only the same titles could be released through all of the same etailers.

Perkins Cobb

#117 Post by Perkins Cobb » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:42 pm

You say that like you think Code Red could ever have a better distribution model than Bill procrastinating indefinitely on shipping out orders personally because there's a dead rat in his storage shed.

Adam X

#118 Post by Adam X » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:46 am

Well, when you put it like that...

dwk

#119 Post by dwk » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:43 pm

Code Red is going to release Fulci's City of the Living Dead (which is currently available on Blu from Blue Underground) with a new 2K scan of the original negative under the alternate title The Gates of Hell

Adam X

#120 Post by Adam X » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:33 am

Blue Underground are really shedding their back catalogue!

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#121 Post by domino harvey » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:30 pm

He just started bad mouthing Kim Newman in his stickied thread on Blu-ray.com, seemingly unaware of anything about him other than that Arrow has employed him. He also thought The Hysteria Continues were providing MST3K-style joke commentaries

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#122 Post by tenia » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:42 am

I love Bill's dedication never to know what he's talking about.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#123 Post by domino harvey » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:36 pm

He doubled-down on the ignorant rhetoric, too! That thread's scarier than anything the label's ever released. Can anyone reading this who has any kind of working or personal relationship with Kim Newman please advise him to not accept any offers from this label

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#124 Post by domino harvey » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:05 pm

Dear LORD the ignorant sycophants in that thread, bragging about how above academic extras they are... water truly finds its own level

EDIT: And I'm sure Newman is thrilled his quoted price was immediately shared in that thread

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#125 Post by domino harvey » Tue May 09, 2017 1:17 am

Code Red Guy wrote:Spending credit card money to restoration . DON'T LISTEN TO B.S. from others boasting restoration! Fotokem said CODE RED BRING LOST MOVIES in SMELLY GOLDBERG container. all other label bring clean negatives. Many other label only touch negatives. Gourmet critic Gary Tooze will piss on any of my release, but kiss ass to negatives sucking labels (especially overseas label ones). well, not everything comes in clean neat basket. I am killing myself. Geez