Ronin Flix

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
dwk

Ronin Flix

#1 Post by dwk » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:50 pm

Ronin Flix is now taking orders for their own Hardware Blu-ray
Special Features: New 4K scan of the original negative, New 5.1 Surround DTS-HD Master Audio & Stereo DTS-HD Master Audio, English SDH Subtitles (Feature Only), Reversible Cover, 2 Discs

DISC 1: Hardware, Audio Commentary with writer/director Richard Stanley, Deleted and Extended Scenes
DISC 2: New Interview with writer/director Richard Stanley, Interview with Iggy Pop, No Flesh Shall Be Spared - The Making of Hardware, 3 Richard Stanley Shorts: Incidents in an Expanding Universe - Early Super 8 version of Hardware, The Sea of Perdition, and Rites of Passage, Richard Stanley on Hardware 2, Vintage Hardware Promo Videos featuring Iggy Pop and Lemmy, Theatrical Trailer (English & German)

Miramax // 1990 // 94 Minutes // Not Rated // Color // English // Region A

Please Note: The Hardware Blu-ray is available for sale to customers in the US only. Also, the Limited Edition magnet will be delivered in the same box with the Blu-ray. Please use caution when opening the package to avoid damaging the item.
if you have an account with Ronin you can use the code mark13 for an extra 10% off (some people on the Blu-ray.com forum are having trouble getting the code to work, but it worked fine for me.)

dwk

Re: UHD and HDR in General

#2 Post by dwk » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:27 pm

Ronin Flix has announced their first UHD: I Spit on Your Grave

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

Re: Criterion Discussion and Random Speculation Volume 7

#3 Post by swo17 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:22 pm

domino harvey wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:22 pm
I pledge to buy ten copies if Criterion releases Modern Vampires, though
Just noticed this is coming soon on a Ronin Flix-exclusive Blu-ray!

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#4 Post by domino harvey » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:29 pm

Finally, they’re releasing the good trash

L.A.

#5 Post by L.A. » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:14 pm

swo17 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:22 pm
domino harvey wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:22 pm
I pledge to buy ten copies if Criterion releases Modern Vampires, though
Just noticed this is coming soon on a Ronin Flix-exclusive Blu-ray!
Special Features: High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation (1.85:1), DTS-HD Master Audio Stereo, NEW 2K SCAN of the director’s personal film print, NEW interview with director Richard Elfman, Audio Commentary with director Richard Elfman and actor Casper Van Dien, Behind the Scenes Featurette, Theatrical Trailer

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

Re: Ronin Flix

#6 Post by swo17 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:27 pm

I have Modern Vampires in hand and am happy to report that it looks leaps and bounds better than the DVD. Notably, the DVD was in 1:33:1, and open matte I believe. Ronin Flix's customer service has been great too, for a couple of things I've asked them about

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#7 Post by domino harvey » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:20 pm

Modern Vampires will be getting a normal retail release in March, for those who don’t want to order direct from Ronin Flix. I still can’t believe this beat Freeway to Blu!

dwk

#8 Post by dwk » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:30 pm

Freeway 2 beat Freeway to Blu-ray.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#9 Post by domino harvey » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:16 am

Revisited Modern Vampires via the Ronin release and had to admit I was not feeling nearly as generous in my estimation of the film as the last time I rewatched it. This is an indefensibly poorly made and realized film, but its trashy charms do a lot of heavy lifting and I still have a degree of affection for it

I was shocked to learn from the director’s intro on this release that initially Oliver Stone was attached before splitting from the project over creative differences (of which I can guess quite a few possibilities!)