Shameless Screen Entertainment

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
kidc85

Re: Shameless Screen Entertainment

#26 Post by kidc85 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:12 am

I heard the same as Adam G, but I came to a slightly different decision - I've bought the Shameless Church and am waiting on Code Red's Sect. The Shameless releases are LE so I didn't think it was worth the gamble to wait-and-see with Church.

Here are comparisons between the Shameless Sect and the German Koch release.

What A Disgrace

#27 Post by What A Disgrace » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:17 am

All The Colors of the Dark on the Beav

The commentary is quite a welcome surprise.

Cronenfly

#28 Post by Cronenfly » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:24 pm

Anybody know how their Dellamorte Dellamore Blu is? Can’t seem to find much info on the quality of the release.

dwk

#29 Post by dwk » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:37 pm

Adam X

#30 Post by Adam X » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:20 pm

It's still almost tempting for the extras. Wouldn've been nice to have a good copy with all those & a subtitled Italian track, but it's Shameless.

M Sanderson

#31 Post by M Sanderson » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:50 pm

So Shameless are releasing The Beyond from a fresh scan on January 20.

Anyone seen a preview copy?

Who’s tempted to buy this one. Will it be worth taking the gamble on a film with a very spotty Blu ray history?

Can The Beyond look great in HD?

black&huge

#32 Post by black&huge » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:45 pm

Whoa whoa whoa really now? It's seriously about time. That movie needed a fresh scan this whole time it's an absolute masterpiece. If it turns out great and Scorpion's COTLD knocks it out of the park and with House by the Cemetery by BU we have ourselves Christmas in January.

JPJ

#33 Post by JPJ » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:14 am

Reports over at blu-ray forum about the quality of The Beyond transfer are not promising I'm afraid.

black&huge

#34 Post by black&huge » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:16 am

I've only found a 9 page thread about it and some folks already got copies this month however all I glean from the thread is either no one can agree about the actual PQ compared to the Grindhouse release or it may or may not actually be an older transfer and there seems to be more talk over the lack of a surround sound mix than anything.

M Sanderson

#35 Post by M Sanderson » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:23 am

How come Grindhouse used the same compromised version as Arrow’s old, badly dated release?

More importantly, this is long OOP, so what company will give this another chance, stateside?

Probably not going to wast my time with the Shameless unless I hear something positive. They are capable of good work, sister label Cult Films doing good work with Opera & L’Innocente. But not known fo quality.

Ther are good (Perversion Story & Lizard by Mondo Macabro; Psychic by Scorpion), very good (Duckling by numerous labels, & from 88 Films’ Kickstarter, Beatrice Cenci) and phenomenal (BU Zombie, NY Ripper; Arrow COTLD reissue) releases of major Fulci out there. Can The Beyond join them?

Glowingwabbit

#36 Post by Glowingwabbit » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:20 am

M Sanderson wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:23 am
Ther are good (Perversion Story & Lizard by Mondo Macabro; Psychic by Scorpion), very good (Duckling by numerous labels, & from 88 Films’ Kickstarter, Beatrice Cenci) and phenomenal (BU Zombie, NY Ripper; Arrow COTLD reissue) releases of major Fulci out there. Can The Beyond join them?
It's a shame we won't have The Beyond at a similar level of quality, but I'm sure you'll be able to add BU's upcoming The House by the Cemetery to your list of phenomenal Fulci releases given what they've done recenetly.

L.A.

#37 Post by L.A. » Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:22 am

DVD Compare and Mondo Digital reviews for Fulci’s The Psychic.