Wonder Woman / Wonder Woman 1984 (Patty Jenkins, 2017/19)

Discussions of specific films and franchises.
Luke M

Re: DC Comics on Film

#126 Post by Luke M » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:48 pm

Up until Infinity War I don’t think any Marvel characters came back from the dead?

Ribs

#127 Post by Ribs » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:57 pm

It's really not a spoiler, considering he's one of the main characters of this movie and will be all over the marketing, hence his being revealed the first day of filming. I think it's delightful: the approach for these movies should just be one at a time, thinking how to follow on the story logically from what came before and tell a complete story. Wonder Woman's great success, I think, was its ultimate standalone nature: it is a complete story, with a beginning, middle, and end, and had it failed and no further films were made it still would succeed on that front as this one will too. And, naturally, I don't think this detracts at all from the ending of the film, considering we know that Pine still isn't running around in the present day judging on the first movie's framing device. I see absolutely no reason why this film can't be a Spider-Man 2 to the first's assured Spider-Man and build on everything good about it with a real confidence. I don't think you *can* make a sequel to the first movie without bringing him back, anyway. It does make it extremely derivative of the other comic book Steve who went down in a plane during wartime played by a Chris, though.

flyonthewall2983

#128 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:58 am

That top image already has me sold, and I haven't even seen the first film yet.