Artificial Eye / Curzon Film World

Milestone, Flicker Alley, Oscilloscope, Cinema Guild...they're all here.
fdm

Re: Artificial Eye / Curzon Film World

#2076 Post by fdm » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:10 pm

(Cute with the double post, and doubly sad as well, since mine's already on the way. Think that as well as cutting down some, I'll hold off longer too from now on.)

McCrutchy

#2077 Post by McCrutchy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:35 pm

That (the double post) was a happy accident.

AidanKing

#2078 Post by AidanKing » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:48 am

Artificial Eye appear to have decided to release Xavier Beauvois' The Guardians on DVD only. I wonder what criteria they are taking into account in making the decisions on which films to release on BluRay: presumably not visual ones in this case at least.

I imagine it's purely commercial considerations, so AE appear to be going down a different route from, for example, Arrow, who are generally releasing archive titles on BluRay only now and are sometimes even releasing new titles (such as Loznitsa's A Gentle Creature) on BluRay only too.

Aunt Peg

#2079 Post by Aunt Peg » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:00 am

AidanKing wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:48 am
Artificial Eye appear to have decided to release Xavier Beauvois' The Guardians on DVD only. I wonder what criteria they are taking into account in making the decisions on which films to release on BluRay: presumably not visual ones in this case at least.

I imagine it's purely commercial considerations, so AE appear to be going down a different route from, for example, Arrow, who are generally releasing archive titles on BluRay only now and are sometimes even releasing new titles (such as Loznitsa's A Gentle Creature) on BluRay only too.
I'll be purchasing the US Blu Ray from Music Box of The Guardians. Such a great looking film deserves nothing less than the Blu Ray treatment.

colinr0380

#2080 Post by colinr0380 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:24 am

Jupiter's Moon was another film that they rather strangely decided to release DVD only recently too.

Caligula
Carthago delenda est

#2081 Post by Caligula » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:23 am

New pre-orders are up for The House That Jack Built, Disobedience, Dogman and Cold War. Links are for BD's, but pre-orders for DVDs are all available as well

Skrmng Skll Th Thd

#2082 Post by Skrmng Skll Th Thd » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:21 pm

Has the Jean Vigo set suddenly been pushed back a full year, or am I just now now noticing the "2019" at the amazon listing? Blu-ray dot com still lists the date as "2018" and I can't find any info on Curzon's own site.

reaky

#2083 Post by reaky » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:05 pm

For any UK members near a Fopp store, they currently have the AE Louis Malle set for £30.